Salary: Negotiable | Contract Type: Full Time, permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of 15 staff who are responsible for the development, implementation and support of the leading quality inspection and process improvement software solution- FLAGS Software. Our customers are world class manufacturers in a variety of sectors including automotive, marine and modular houses to name but a few.
This role is for a someone who can become a key member in the team. We are looking for a person who is passionate about what they do and has a high attention to detail and is self-motivated.
The successful candidate will develop on our core products and work within a team of 6 developers guided by and reporting to the Development Manager. If you like to put your name to the highest quality work, then we’d like you on our team.
The React Developer will be fully responsible for owning, developing and maintaining the front-end of core products used by our clients. As a software developer you are responsible for code quality, providing estimates on the amount of effort required to deliver an element of functionality and solving technical problems to deliver on organisational goals. As well as contributing to the design and overall architecture the candidate will also need to have excellent communication skills working together with backend developers, testers and UI designers to ensure we create and maintain a stable and functional product for our clients with the end users in mind always.
- Strong knowledge and experience of React and Typescript in a front-end web app reporting tool, experience of using hooks preferred.
- State management with redux and redux-saga and/or redux-thunk.
- Comfortable with modern CSS styling, including responsive styling and print media queries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to write clear, clean and documented code.
- Experience in code review processes and using GIT or similar version control.
- Experience of testing, preferably using Jest and Enzyme.
- Focus on UX best practises.
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate Agile team.
- Supporting QA in diagnosing and solving issues.
- Experience with styled-components, SCSS or similar.
- Experience of using Material UI components, charting tools such as chart.JS or mapping tools such as OpenLayers
- Use and configuration of bundlers, preferably webpack and yarn
- Use and configuration of of CI/CD pipelines for automated testing, building & deployment (TFS/Azure DevOps a bonus).
- Experience with VS Code or Visual Studio 2019.
Who We Are
FLAGS Software Ltd was founded in 1989 in Solihull, UK and provides a wide range of software solutions to industries including automotive, small manufacturing and contracting. Fully engaging with customers to understand mission-critical business goals is the key to our success. Every system we provide is based on solid unified thinking, where we and the client share thoughts and experiences along an enjoyable journey to the best possible outcome. Our whole work ethic is geared towards delivering world-class standards in everything we do.
- 25 days annual leave
- Bonus holiday day on your birthday
- Flexible working with home working up to 2 days per week if required
- Company pension scheme at a contribution rate of 3% employer/5% employee
- Up to £30 per month for gym membership/life enrichment
- Life assurance equivalent to 4 x annual salary
- Staff Perkbox subscription providing attractive discounts with retailers/services
- Payday Pizza- eat for free on payday
- 37.5 hour working week with 3pm finish on Fridays
- Attractive, modern offices with great facilities and a welcoming environment
- Relaxed, smart casual dress-code