Salary: Negotiable | Contract Type: Full Time, permanent
As the Software Implementation Engineer, the primary objective of this role is to provide technical support to clients pre and post implementation, troubleshooting technical/user issues and cover system configuration, documentation and testing.
The software Implementation Engineer will spend a large portion of their time working for the Business Analyst, supporting the delivery of solutions to new and existing clients. You will need to be comfortable working in a customer facing role. You will have the ability to develop strong, long lasting working relationships with both new and existing clients.
The Software implementation Engineer will work hand-in-hand with their peers in the Operations Team taking ownership of customer queries, as well liaising with Development, Sales and Service teams to aid resolution of customer and internal issues. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of 15 staff who are responsible for the support, development and implementation of the leading quality inspection and process improvement software solution-FLAGS Software. Our customers are world class manufacturers in a variety of sectors including automotive, marine, and modular houses to name but a few.
- Quickly build relationships with existing customers, partners and colleagues
- Provide world class remote customer service
- Provide world class product and technical support for end users and colleagues, ranging from system/software installation
and setup, to in-depth issue analysis and database interrogation
- Liaise with other technical teams; QA and Development, to assist in resolving problems with software products and customer issues
- Managing your own assigned issues, but also working in collaboration with the rest of the Operations Team to aid in issue resolution
- Provide pre and post project/software implementation support
- Provide On-call support to key clients on a rota basis (after 6 month probation and training)
- Desirable – proven experience in a similar role.
- A background or keen interest in IT
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex problems in a simple way to all levels of stakeholders within the business.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to product advancements, workload and nature of issues on a day to day basis
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products, with strong problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a solid work ethic and an emphasis on quality and process
- Highly logical with a keen attention to detail and broad technically proficiency.
- Desirable – Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Database interrogation
Who We Are
FLAGS Software Ltd was founded in 1989 in Solihull, UK and provides a wide range of software solutions to industries including automotive, small manufacturing and contracting. Fully engaging with customers to understand mission-critical business goals is the key to our success. Every system we provide is based on solid unified thinking, where we and the client share thoughts and experiences along an enjoyable journey to the best possible outcome. Our whole work ethic is geared towards delivering world-class standards in everything we do.
- 25 days annual leave
- Bonus holiday day on your birthday
- Flexible working with home working up to 2 days per week if required
- Company pension scheme at a contribution rate of 3% employer/5% employee
- Up to £30 per month for gym membership/life enrichment
- Life assurance equivalent to 4 x annual salary
- Staff Perkbox subscription providing attractive discounts with retailers/services
- Payday Pizza- eat for free on payday
- 37.5 hour working week with 3pm finish on Fridays
- Attractive, modern offices with great facilities and a welcoming environment
- Relaxed, smart casual dress-code