Salary: Negotiable | Contract Type: Full Time, permanent
Do you have an IT background/interest with at least 2 years in an IT role? Do you have confidence and the ability to
As a Software Support Engineer the primary objective of this role is to support the businesses’ customers, partners, and colleagues with technical expertise for our suite of products and internal systems. This will take the form of support services to our software users and ensuring all issues are logged, kept within our designated SLA timeframes and owned through to resolution. The role also covers project/software implementation to new and existing customers. The Software Support Engineer will work hand-in-hand with their peers in the Operations Team taking ownership of customer queries, as well liaising with Development, Sales and Service teams to aid resolution of customer and internal issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of 15 staff who are responsible for the support, development and implementation of the leading quality inspection and process improvement software solution- FLAGS Software. Our customers are world class manufacturers in a variety of sectors including automotive, marine, and modular houses to name but a few.
- Build relationships with existing customers, partners and colleagues
- Provide world class remote customer service
- Provide world class product and technical support for end users and colleagues, ranging from system/software installation and setup, to in-depth issue analysis and database interrogation
- Ownership of customer issues through to resolution
- Issues owned kept within our designated SLA timeframes at all times
- Liaise with other technical teams; QA, Development and implementation, to assist in resolving problems with software products and customer issues
- Managing your own assigned issues, but also working in collaboration with the rest of the Operations Team to aid in issue resolution
- Managing minor projects and projects items assigned to you through to implementation.
- Provide On-call support to key clients on a rota basis (after 6 month probation and training)
- Desirable – proven experience in a similar role.
- Desirable – proven experience in an Application Support role or similar.
- A background or keen interest in IT
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to product advancements, workload and nature of issues on a day to day basis
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products, with strong problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a solid work ethic and an emphasis on quality and process
- Highly logical with a keen attention to detail and broad technically proficiency.
- Desirable – Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Database interrogation
Who We Are
FLAGS Software Ltd was founded in 1989 in Solihull, UK and provides a wide range of software solutions to industries including automotive, small manufacturing and contracting. Fully engaging with customers to understand mission-critical business goals is the key to our success. Every system we provide is based on solid unified thinking, where we and the client share thoughts and experiences along an enjoyable journey to the best possible outcome. Our whole work ethic is geared towards delivering world-class standards in everything we do.
- 25 days annual leave
- Bonus holiday day on your birthday
- Flexible working with home working up to 2 days per week if required
- Company pension scheme at a contribution rate of 3% employer/5% employee
- Up to £30 per month for gym membership/life enrichment
- Life assurance equivalent to 4 x annual salary
- Staff Perkbox subscription providing attractive discounts with retailers/services
- Payday Pizza- eat for free on payday
- 37.5 hour working week with 3pm finish on Fridays
- Attractive, modern offices with great facilities and a welcoming environment
- Relaxed, smart casual dress-code